School History

Benjamin Franklin Junior High moved to the current facility during the 1972-73 school year. The building itself was built in 1927 to serve as the high school. In 1986, the school was converted to a middle school. The facility is historically and architecturally significant to the community. The most recent major renovation and expansion project was completed in the fall of 2003. 
All areas of the building are equipped with a centralized media distribution system and local and wide area computer network access.